9.19.2011

diy match game

Good morning blog friends :)

Today I have a little DIY action for ya...

This is a match game I made for my kids when we traveled to Florida for vacation this past summer.  I made this so they would have something they could play with in the car as well as in the condo.



I used some patterned paper, various Studio Calico acrylic stamps, StazOn Black Ink, Sizzix Wood Sheets, Sizzix Circles Scallops #2 die, Sizzix adhesive sheets, and my Big Shot to make the pieces.

I made a "sandwich" of patterned paper, adhesive, and the wood sheets to run through the Big Shot to cut out the scalloped circles.  Then I used my StazOn ink to stamp the images onto the wood side of the match game pieces.  You could also use chipboard instead of the wood sheets, but I really liked the look and texture of the wood.  I then put them in these cute little tins I found at Hobby Lobby...and voila!



I made 24 pieces and split them between my 3 kids so that in the car they could play with the game by themselves.  At the condo they collected all the pieces and played together :)  It rained several days during our trip so this came in pretty handy a few times.

This was a fun and easy DIY and the kids really liked the stamped images I used for the game.  It was funny to hear Avery say what she thought the images were...she even guessed most of them right!

Hopefully this is a little inspiration for the next trip you take and want to diy something fun for the kiddos...

Until next time, have an inspired day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment