1.03.2012

on my way

I'm on my way to getting these resolutions rollin'!  Today I tackled a small project that I've been thinking about doing since we started on Avery's play kitchen...making little placemats!  I found a great diy tutorial online at www.centsationalgirl.com :)

I grabbed some fabric that I had on hand at home...

Next, I pinned two different patterns of fabric together (wrong sides facing out) so the placemats would be reversible...


Then I sewed the two pieces of fabric together, trimmed and ironed the seam allowance, turned right side out, and topstitched around the entire placemat...


And voila!  A reversible placemat to match Avery's dishes she got for Christmas...




I made four placemats and all the fabric that was used was from Stampin' Up!.  The dishes and cups came from Ikea and yes, they're real!  

I was pretty proud of myself for breakin' out the 'ol sewing machine today.  It took me one placemat to get back into the sewing swing, but I know Avery won't care about a few crooked stitches :)



No comments:

Post a Comment