6.01.2012

hello there

Here's my take on this week's Sunday Sketch at Studio Calico...


The techniques I used to create this layout were way out of my comfort zone.  I used watercolors for the background streaks, something I've never really done before.  It was really fun and I can't wait to do it again!  I also found this really cool iPhone app called Phonto to put those cool number circles on my Instagram pics.  Just an FIY, the Phonto app is super addictive, BTW :)  I also didn't use any patterned paper on this layout.  I think that's a first, because usually, that's all I use.  And the journaling spot on the left is just the leftover background paper from some label stickers.

Creating this layout was very freeing, so to speak, because I needed to try some new things and I really just let myself go with it.  Using ink, watercolors, and stamps is messy and sometimes doesn't turn out the way you pictured it in your head, but I really liked the process and the way it turned out for this page.  It's good to let go of all the "control" sometimes.  I think it's the summertime that makes me feel that way :)



Have a great weekend and TFL!

2 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous layout, i love the watercolours for the background and the leftover sticker paper for journaling works great. Also love those little numbers on the instagram pics - wish i had an iphone! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet comment :) I don't know what I'd do without my iPhone!

    ReplyDelete