8.24.2012

Remember Today Only

Ok, ok, I'm trying hard not to get too sentimental with this blog post (#200 btw!), but it's hard.  My babies are getting big and growing up.  Fast.  We were all walking up the driveway yesterday after the boys got home from school (so glad I had my camera in hand!) and I just thought, wow, these are the good ol' days.  Today is the best day.  Every day I get to spend with them is the best day.  All the crazy, hard, tough, busy, happy, fun days are the best day.  I feel very blessed and very lucky.  Even when things aren't going my way, or their way, we're lucky we have each other and that we get to be a part of each other's stories...every day :)  That's why I love scrapbooking so much.  It gives me a chance to remember the tiny moments that I would've otherwise forgotten about.  It helps me get through the moments that aren't always "picture perfect".  It helps me get my feelings across in ways other than words.  It just helps.  I'm a big ball of mush today...I just can't help it :)

Here's my layout for the Weekly Challenge over at Studio Calico...


This week's challenge was to use some sort of frame on your page.  I decided to frame the two photos with a large banner of patterned paper instead of just a plain 'ol rectangular piece.


I'm getting down to the nitty gritty of my August kit, so I can't wait for September's!


I misted my background paper with some Mister Huey's Opaque White to tone down the color a bit...
And once again I added some green glitter splatters and some Mister Huey's Silver splatters, too.


I'm so happy that it's Friday!  This week wasn't the best...just glad to get through it.  I hope you have a great weekend!  Enjoy :)

4 comments:

  1. Your words are so very true and inspiring. It is best to realize the good old days are the ones you are living currently. Fabulous post.
    Not to mention another fabulous layout. The banner made for a most excellent frame.
    ~j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jamie! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete