9.28.2016

Our Happy Place & My September Project Life Spread! *Hip Kit Club*

Hello friends! 

Grab a cup of coffee or some tea and get comfy because I'm here with not one, but TWO projects to share with you today that I created using the gorgeous September 2016 Hip Kits! First up, I have a layout that I created using a super-sized photo...


I rarely ever scrap a photo larger than 3x4, but since my challenge was to "supersize it", I decided to go big or go home with a 5x7 photo of our campsite that I took this past summer. Since my photo was scenic, I decided to position it near the bottom of the layout and layer my title and lots of embellishments around it to help draw the eye down my page.


I used a combination of the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes Gather collection Thickers (available in the September 2016 Embellishment Kit) with one of the chipboard stickers from the same collection that are available in the September 2016 Main Kit for my title. I placed part of it on and above my large photo so it would look more cohesive with all of the other layers on my page.



I added lots of dimension and texture to my page by layering many of the Gather ephemera pieces from Crate Paper, along with some of the Simple Stories Posh Bits & Pieces that are available in the September 2016 Project Life Kit, along the side edges of my photo and up towards the top of my layout. I also added various pieces of patterned paper from the September 2016 Paper Kit so I could add more color and patterns to my page. I also placed several of the Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills Wood Veneer Paper Clips in the layers of ephemera as well for even more added texture and color.



I really love how this page turned out and how well the larger photo looks with the big title and pretty embellishments from the September Kits!


Next up, I have my Project Life spread for September 2016 to share with you...


I used many items from the September 2016 Project Life Kit to complete this month's spread such as the HKC exclusive PL cards, the Dear Lizzy Saturday Wood Veneer Words, and the Simple Stories Posh Enamel Dots.

I also used some of the Simple Stories Posh Bits & Pieces from the PL Kit to accent several of the exclusive PL cards. I just love how well the colors from the PL cards coordinate with the other items and embellishments in the kit!



I now use a 9x12 album for my Project Life spreads and I document them by the month instead of weekly, so I like to keep everything as cohesive and flowing as possible. The Hip Kit Club PL kits are always so helpful in doing this because everything coordinates so well.


I added several of the Maggie Holmes Gather Gold Phrase Stickers (available in the September 2016 Embellishment Kit) on top of my photos to bring out the golden color in my color scheme and to accent my journaling which I typed directly onto my photos.


Well, I hope I've given you LOTS of inspiration on how to use your September 2016 Hip Kits! Be sure and check out the HKC Facebook page and member forum for even more inspiration from our design team using the kits!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment