12.11.2016

Wishing For Cold and Snow and Completed December Documented Pages *Hip Kit Club*

Hi, everyone! 

I hope you had a wonderful week and got to squeeze in some holiday crafting! I'm in full crafty mode right now since the holidays are getting so close to being here. There's always so much to do, but I love every bit of it! I especially love challenging myself a bit to keep things fresh, so today I have a layout to share with you that I created using a diagonal design.


Using the lovely November 2016 Hip Kits, I started by choosing the fun bright pink and white striped patterned paper that's an HKC Exclusive and is available in the December Documented 2016 Kit for my background. I love the diagonal lines and how easy it is to follow along with their design.


Next, I used the Echo Park Candy Stripe stencil and the Shimmerz Foiled Again Dazzlerz Texture Paste from the November 2016 Color Kit to give my background a little extra dimension. After the paste dried, I layered two photos of my daughter, Avery, posing in her new winter hat on top and fussy-cut a few houses out of the Snow and Cocoa patterned paper (available in the November 2016 Paper Kit) to use as extra embellishments on my page.


I layered a few strips of patterned paper from the Snow and Cocoa Collection by Crate Paper (available in the November 2016 Main Kit) behind my photos and used some of the HKC Exclusive 'Tis The Season ephemera pieces to embellish around my photos. I kept my embellishments, title, and design in line with the diagonal stripes on the paper to create my angle.


I used a black marker to color the wood veneer pieces from Crate Paper and used the "Well Blue Me Down" Coloringz Mist from Shimmerz to paint the white snowflakes from the 'Tis The Season ephemera to coordinate with my color scheme.


As an added bonus, I also have some completed December Documented pages to share with you today!


I shared my foundation pages in a previous post so I am really excited to be filling them up with photos and journaling from our December adventures! I used items from the December Documented 2016 Kit, as well as products from the November 2016 Hip Kits for my album.


Day 1 and 2 - We took a road trip to Kansas City last weekend so I had some great photos and treasures from our trip to include!



Day 3 and 4 - We spent our KC trip ice skating, holiday shopping, and swimming at Great Wolf Lodge. I included several photos on this spread, printing them off of my home computer at 3x3, 2x3, and 2x2 so they fit nicely inside the pockets and still left room to journal and embellish around.




Day 5 and 6 - I spent the next couple of days at home tidying up from our trip and getting back into the routine for the week. The kids made final decisions about their Christmas lists and I enjoyed some peace and quiet around the house.




Day 7 and 8 - I included some elf documentation and embellished one of the journaling cards using some of the HKC Exclusive items from the November kits.


I hope I've given you lots of inspiration for your holiday scrapping plans! Thanks so much for joining me and be sure and check out my process video below showcasing my layout "Wishing For Cold and Snow"!

               

I hope you have a great day...thanks for stopping by! 


No comments:

Post a Comment